Apply to Work at Evergreen Cannabis
Thank you for your interest in joining the team here at Evergreen! Here’s what you need to know about the application process.
- You need to complete your Selling it Right Course before applying. This certification is required for anyone involved in the retail sale of recreational cannabis in BC.
- Once completed, you should attach your resume, cover letter, and proof of your Selling it Right certification in an e-mail addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can include brief information about yourself, your availability, etc. in your cover letter or in the body of your e-mail.
- After we have received your application, we will reach out to you and arrange an interview in order to determine your candidacy for any available positions.
- While prior experience in the cannabis industry helps, it is not required in order to be considered. All we ask is that you are excited to learn, as this industry and our knowledge of cannabis evolves every day. While we recommend reading the Cannabis Act, we believe the best way to learn is on the job!
- You must be 19 years of age or older to work in the cannabis industry.
We offer paid training & living wages as well as health & dental benefits. We also believe that everyone offers unique skillsets to the store, so opportunities for advancement are always available.
Qualities we look for:
- Experience working in retail spaces
- Computer literate
- Punctual & reliable
- Flexible availability
- Adapts well to new information & constructive feedback
- Works well with teams
- Warm, social, compassionate
- Must love music!
- Greeting and assisting customers
- Handling cash, debit and credit transactions; operating our POS system
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of all products in store inventory
- Opening and closing the retail store
- Light cleaning and organizing
- Unpacking light boxes for inventory and re-stocking
- Being aware of company safety policies and procedures and ensuring compliance
- Communicating with kindness, honesty and respect with your co-workers
- Completing additional duties and assignments as delegated
We look forward to hearing from you!